Hot Potters knock Town off top
Stoke 3 Ipswich 2THE 10,000 extra fans attracted to the Britannia Stadium by Stoke City's offer of bargain £5 admission prices roared their side on to victory.
Stoke 3 Ipswich 2
THE 10,000 extra fans attracted to the Britannia Stadium by Stoke City's offer of bargain £5 admission prices roared their side on to victory.
Ipswich were knocked off the top of the Coca-Cola Championship after appearing on course to extend their winning run to six matches.
They were 2-1 ahead with just 15 minutes remaining and knocking the ball around nicely despite the windy conditions and the red-hot atmosphere.
Then the crowd got behind the Potters, the noise rose to fever pitch level and Town conceded two bad goals to leave the field after 90 minutes completely deflated.
See tonight's Evening Star for full story
- 1 'I slept at the store' - Teen queues for 14 hours as Tim Hortons opens
- 2 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 3 CCTV appeal after cash stolen from ATM dispensing tray at Ipswich store
- 4 Dog rescued from flat fire
- 5 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash
- 6 Man dies following single vehicle crash near Ipswich
- 7 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 8 'Vile violation of trust' - son hits out after carer stole £1,700 from mum
- 9 A14 closed overnight as lorry overturns in multi-vehicle pile up
- 10 Politicians make Ipswich a third division town