Housebuilder sponsors local football club, Ransomes Sports U16s
- Credit: Archant
A football club in Ipswich will be sporting fresh new kit next season after renewing their sponsorship deal with Taylor Wimpey East Anglia.
The local housebuilder – which is currently building homes at Violet Gardens in nearby Kirton – has sponsored Ransomes Sports FC U16s team for the second time, by donating £1,500 for brand new kit and tracksuits for the 2017/18 season.
The Ipswich team will play home and away matches wearing the new strip consisting of a red T-shirt emblazoned with the Taylor Wimpey logo on the front, red shorts and socks, with tracksuits to match.
Jason Hiskey team manager of Ransomes Sports FC U16s, says: “On behalf of the club officials and myself, I’d like to say a huge thank you to Taylor Wimpey for sponsoring us for another football season.
“As a result of Taylor Wimpey’s donation last season, we have been able to focus entirely on playing football and our U16s team has gone from strength to strength – we won the league and were able to compete in the Suffolk County Final last year!”
Ransomes Sports FC originated as Fisons Football Club, which began in 1948, and consists entirely of volunteers. The club relies on donations by organisations and from the local community to continue using the training facilities available in the area. The team practises once a week at Whitton Sports and Community Centre, in Whitton Church Lane, and plays home matches at Ransomes Sports Centre, located in Sidegate Avenue.
Jason adds: “We really appreciate that a company like Taylor Wimpey recognises how important football is to the young people within our community”
- 1 Appeal to find 33-year-old missing man
- 2 Plasterer who stalked ex-girlfriend is handed restraining order
- 3 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 4 Hank's Deli closes its doors but remembers food bank
- 5 School's 'greatest ever sporting achievement' could take them to Wembley
- 6 Drug addict stole £7,000 from safe at auction house
- 7 Nursing class looking to reunite after four decades
- 8 Matchday Live: Chaplin wins it as Town claim three points
- 9 Five-bedroom home with 'beautiful countryside views' on market for £800K
- 10 Town to gather to remember flood victims 69 years on
“Without donations like this, grassroots football teams like ours would simply be unable to survive so to be sponsored by Taylor Wimpey again is incredible.”
Caroline Carter, regional sales and marketing director for Taylor Wimpey, said: “At Taylor Wimpey we are committed to supporting the communities in which we build our new homes, so we were delighted to purchase new football kits for Ransomes Sports FC U16s.
“We hope all of the players enjoy wearing their new kit and wish the club every success for the future, both on and off the field.”