I'm still in charge, Louis senior
UNDERFIRE Ipswich speedway promoter John Louis today stressed: "I am staying in charge."He is to run the Evening Star Witches in 2004 whatever the future holds for his son Chris.
By Elvin King
UNDERFIRE Ipswich speedway promoter John Louis today stressed: "I am staying in charge."
He is to run the Evening Star Witches in 2004 whatever the future holds for his son Chris.
Louis junior is now a promoter in his own right and working on forward planning issues concerning the Foxhall Stadium-based club that finished 12 points adrift at the foot of the Sky Sports Elite League table.
You may also want to watch:
It was the worse campaign for the Witches for over 40 years – with just six league wins. They failed to gain one aggregate bonus point and lost every one of their away matches.
Louis senior said: "Chris is doing some forward planning for us. To be a promoter next year he will have to be voted in again and I know he has other aspects in his life that he is looking to pursue.
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 3 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 4 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 5 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 6 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again
- 7 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 8 Watchdog upholds mother's complaint about handling of son's special education needs
- 9 Felixstowe to get £1million 'beach village' with new attractions
- 10 Ipswich's infection rate falls — but more care home Covid deaths reported
"Whatever happens I will remain in charge, as I have since I took over the reins at Foxhall Stadium in 1989.
Full story in tonight's Star