IES axe defensive duo
HOCKEY: Defenders Peter Blake and Nick Horne have been dropped from Ipswich East Suffolk's side for Saturday's match at Cambridge University. Their omission comes in the wake of the Rushmere-based side's drubbing by Chelmsford seconds last week, but both will be in the squad the following day for the EHA Cup third round match at home to Dereham.
DEFENDERS Peter Blake and Nick Horne have been dropped from Ipswich East Suffolk's side for Saturday's match at Cambridge University.
Their omission comes in the wake of the Rushmere-based side's drubbing by Chelmsford seconds last week, but both will be in the squad the following day for the EHA Cup third round match at home to Dereham.
Teenager Ian Swallow, a left sided defender who showed up well in the cup victory at Crostyx, gets his chance to make a mark at league level against a university side who have won two of their first five games.
IES, with four points from a possible 15, need to get back on track and midfielders Matt Walker and Danny Mayhew might just hold the key.
You may also want to watch:
Kevin Day and Paul Read return to the second team for what will be the first fixture against Shefford and Sandy, while Blake and Horne will also add their experience to a side currently lying tenth in Division Two North of the Printwize East League.
Simon Martin and Steven Farrow join the third team squad for the home game against Upminster seconds, while David Walsh returns to the fourth team's forward line after a two-week absence.
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 3 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 4 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 5 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 6 London man who travelled to meet decoy teen to stand trial
- 7 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 8 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 9 Ipswich parents can 'survive not thrive' on £15 half-term food vouchers
- 10 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
The fifths face a top-of-the-table clash at home to Redbridge and Ilford fourths, while the sixths test their 100 per cent record at Dellwood Avenue against Felixstowe fourths.
The seasiders have rattled in 25 goals in their five games to date and it will be the first time in two years that IES sixths will have to play on grass.
Last week's other results: Spalding 3 IES II 2; Rochford 0 IES III 0; IES IV 1 (John Pope) Old Southendian IV 1; IES V 6 (Martin Wood 3, Tim Fletcher, Simon Lea, John Wright) East London III 0; Old Southendian VI 2 IES VI 4 (Hugh Rowland 2, Tom Grant, Kevin Foster).