IES get wake-up call
WOMEN'S HOCKEY: Pelicans 1 IES Ladies 1. IES Ladies travelled to King's Lynn for their opening league game in the North Division Two of the Printwize League.
Pelicans 1 IES Ladies 1
IES Ladies travelled to King's Lynn for their opening league game in the North Division Two of the Printwize League.
However it was soon downgraded to a friendly in what was a controversial decision by the umpire.
You may also want to watch:
It took an opening goal from the Pelicans to sort out and settle down the visitors.
Once they had their wake-up call IES turned up the heat and took the control for most of the match.
- 1 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 2 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 3 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 4 Superhero send off planned for 'charismatic and cheeky' Alexander, 15
- 5 Jailed in Suffolk: J Block gang members and man who attacked train station staff
- 6 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 7 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 8 Man jailed after safe stolen from Spread Eagle pub
- 9 'I will miss her enormously' - husband's tribute to NHS hero Carol
- 10 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
Passing speed and strength on the ball prevented too many visits into the IES half.
Strong defending at the back from new club member Lucy Edevane along with the other members put pay to any other stray goals going in.
In the second half a neat move from two other new team members saw Shelly Gartan passing the ball on to Cathy Brierly to bring the scores level.
A draw was the final result giving IES something to work on for this week's double match against Norwich City.