IES get wake-up call
WOMEN'S HOCKEY: Pelicans 1 IES Ladies 1. IES Ladies travelled to King's Lynn for their opening league game in the North Division Two of the Printwize League.
Pelicans 1 IES Ladies 1
IES Ladies travelled to King's Lynn for their opening league game in the North Division Two of the Printwize League.
However it was soon downgraded to a friendly in what was a controversial decision by the umpire.
It took an opening goal from the Pelicans to sort out and settle down the visitors.
Once they had their wake-up call IES turned up the heat and took the control for most of the match.
- 1 'He'd be dead' - mum's terror after wave drags her and baby down beach
- 2 Teenager sexually assaulted and then robbed in Ipswich
- 3 GALLERY: Photos show devastating aftermath of huge fire near Ipswich
- 4 Smoke seen across Ipswich as crews tackle large fire
- 5 Ongoing heathland blaze sees 147 calls made to fire service
- 6 Travellers pitch up in one of Ipswich's busiest parks
- 7 Teenager’s 10 year sentence is warning over ‘horrendous’ acid attacks
- 8 Open air theatre coming to Ipswich park later this month
- 9 Redundant care home being used as homes applying for planning after 5 years
Passing speed and strength on the ball prevented too many visits into the IES half.
Strong defending at the back from new club member Lucy Edevane along with the other members put pay to any other stray goals going in.
In the second half a neat move from two other new team members saw Shelly Gartan passing the ball on to Cathy Brierly to bring the scores level.
A draw was the final result giving IES something to work on for this week's double match against Norwich City.