In-form PASE continue winning run
SOCCER SEVENS: Under grey skies groups three and four battled out their respective sections with Needham Market and Ipswich Wanderers PASE coming through as victors.
UNDER grey skies groups three and four battled out their respective sections with Needham Market and Ipswich Wanderers PASE coming through as victors.
Needham's opening match against Martlesham was a close affair with the Jewson outfit just pipping SIL Division Four Martlesham by 3-2. Goals from Hawes, Hazelton and M Wake were just enough to beat Aza Roe's two.
The Belstead Arms all-action approach brushed aside Ransomes with the Coote boys, Craig and Andy, scoring in a 2-0 win. Group Four favourites Leiston Town opened with a tight 2-1 win over Woodbridge Athletic, with Fryer and Chinnery's goals just good enough to stave off Leech's reply for Athletic. Ipswich PASE always looked to have the better of Bramford B as D Feering and Pack scored in a 2-0 win.
Needham stayed on the winning trail with Hazelton and B Wake scoring in a 2-1 win over Ransomes with Ewers replying. Belstead Arms found the resolute Martlesham more of a handful and although leading through M Lowe, Martlesham battled back and scored through A Row to gain a creditable 1-1 draw.
Leiston Town lost to Bramford B 2-1 with the village lads scoring through Clennell and Potter before Chinnery got one back for Leiston.
- 1 Hank's Deli closes its doors but remembers food bank
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 3 Plasterer who stalked ex-girlfriend is handed restraining order
- 4 Appeal to find 33-year-old missing man
- 5 Five-bedroom home with 'beautiful countryside views' on market for £800K
- 6 Teenager 'kicked and punched' by man during Ipswich assault
- 7 Drug addict stole £7,000 from safe at auction house
- 8 Matchday Live: Chaplin wins it as Town claim three points
- 9 Nursing class looking to reunite after four decades
- 10 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist knocked unconscious in crash
Ipswich PASE quickly got in front of Woodbridge Athletic with a Sam Bartholomew goal and always looked comfortable as Tom Childs hit from 25 yards to increase the lead, but Adam Smith replied to take the game to a tight finish.
Needham only needed a draw to finish winners and this they duly did with goals from M Wake and Saker, but Belstead Arms took them all the way with Westbrook scoring both their goals. Martlesham got their deserved win in their final game, 2-0 over Ransomes with D Smith scoring twice.
Ipswich PASE faced Leiston in the showdown game in Group Four and won 2-1 with goals from Pack and George. Woodbridge Athletic squeezed through to second place with a 2-0 win over Bramford B with Glen Dixon and Danny Bloom the scorers.