Ipswich: Brazil’s 2012 Olympic gymnastic squad puts pen to paper to train in Ipswich
It has been two years in the making, but a town gym has struck a deal with the Brazilian 2012 gymnastics team.
Pipers Vale Gymnastics Club welcomed Gustavo Satio Harrada and Sergio Motta from the Brazilian National Olympic Committee as they put pen to paper in a deal which will see the team train at the venue.
Andy Wood, head coach for the Braziers Wood Road facility, said that the agreement “had been a long time coming”.
He added: “It is a very exciting time for us at Pipers Vale and for the whole of Ipswich.
“The idea has snowballed from two years ago, and we are extremely proud to have been chosen.
“There aren’t many centres around the country that have been selected for things like this and at the last Olympic Games the Brazilian team came sixth, so we are so pleased to have them with us.”
Mr Harrada said: “We are excited to be in Ipswich and signing the contract has been great. The venue was an easy pick for us because it was perfect for our requirements.”
- 1 Man dies following single vehicle crash near Ipswich
- 2 Carer avoids jail after fraudulently obtaining £3,500 at Ipswich home
- 3 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 4 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 5 Drug dealer escapes jail after £3k worth of cannabis found at home
- 6 Wahoo skating shop moving from Ipswich to Woodbridge
- 7 Ipswich shop owner among UK's top 100 female business women
- 8 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash
- 9 Man charged in connection of drug offences in Ipswich
- 10 Hunt for Vicky's killer continues nearly six months after suspect arrested
The team will come to Ipswich at Christmas for the Olympic trials.