Ipswich: Business women to swap boardroom for boxing ring at Double Trouble event at Liquid Nightclub
- Credit: Lucy taylor
Two members of a women’s business network in Ipswich are swapping the boardroom for the boxing ring during a charity bout for children with cancer.
Samantha Brook and Victoria Sharp of the Avanti network will be taking part in the Double Trouble event at Liquid Nightclub in Ipswich on October 11, in aid of Clic Sargent.
The event, organised by Matt Brennan of the Suffolk Punch boxing club in Martlesham, will involve a number of other white-collar workers.
Ms Brook, who runs Suffolk Social Media and suffers with chronic fatigue, said she was looking for a way to get healthy.
“When I saw Matt’s advert on Facebook, I knew this was something I had to do,” said Ms Sharp. “One night for six minutes is just a moment in time compared to a child going through cancer for months, years of even life.”
You may also want to watch:
Visit www.justgiving.com/victoriaandsam/ to sponsor.
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 3 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 4 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again
- 7 Watchdog upholds mother's complaint about handling of son's special education needs
- 8 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 9 Felixstowe to get £1million 'beach village' with new attractions
- 10 Dyer in hospital undergoing tests