Ipswich Jaffa runner Brad Jones finishes second at Southwold 10K
IPSWICH Jaffa runner Brad Jones went one better than last year to finish second behind winner, Norwich Road Runners’ Tim Topper, at the Southwold 10K yesterday.
The 38-year-old finished in a time of 34:53, shaving off around 50 seconds from his effort last year, to cross the line ahead of James McNally from Penny Lane Striders.
“I ran the Southwold 10K last year and had a good race but was hoping to better this time around,” said Jones.
“I had a few injury problems early in the year which were frustrating so it was quite nice to come back and have a really good performance.”
Around 600 runners took part in this year’s event which was started by former Olympic Games silver medallist Steve Cram - himself a competitor in the race last year - and Jones said it was a fantastic day for road running.
You may also want to watch:
“The conditions were perfect, it was a really nice day with no breeze,” he said.
“There was also lots of support for the field which makes for a really good atmosphere.”
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 3 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 4 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 5 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 7 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 8 Ipswich parents can 'survive not thrive' on £15 half-term food vouchers
- 9 Trial set for man who robbed mum of her handbag
- 10 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
Jones’ team-mate Verity Smith also had a good day, finishing third in the women’s category and securing a personal best in the process