Ipswich to meet Bungay in Hambro Cup
BUNGAY scored a tense three-hole victory over Aldeburgh to reach the semi-finals of the Hambro Cup when they will meet Ipswich on a neutral venue on July 29.
By Tony Garnett
BUNGAY scored a tense three-hole victory over Aldeburgh to reach the semi-finals of the Hambro Cup when they will meet Ipswich on a neutral venue on July 29. Bungay were 11 up after the opening round before Aldeburgh staged a fightback.
Fynn Valley proved too strong for Brett Vale at Witnesham, winning by 28 holes. They will now face Southwold who dominated the afternoon play against Hintlesham in the wind.
You may also want to watch:
Quarter-finals: Bungay 3 Aldeburgh 0, Fynn Valley 28 Brett Vale 0, Ipswich 20 Haverhill 0, Southwold 16 Hintlesham 0.
Semi-finals: Bungay v Ipswich, Fynn Valley v Southwold (to be played on neutral venues on July 29).
- 1 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 2 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 3 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 4 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 5 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 6 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 7 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial
- 8 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 9 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 10 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
Tolly Cobbold Cup
Quarter-finals: Bury St Edmunds 4 Gorleston 0, Felixstowe Ferry 4 Haverhill 0, Hintlesham 0 Stoke by Nayland 33, Seckford 6 Flempton 0.
Semi-finals: Bury St Edmunds v Felixstowe Ferry, Stoke by Nayland v Seckford (to be played on neutral venues on July 29).