Ipswich to miss influential Pitman
INDOOR CRICKET: Medite Ipswich travel to Nottingham on Saturday for a tough match against Derby Cobras, who held Stumps to a draw in the first round of matches.
Medite Ipswich travel to Nottingham tomorrow for a tough match against Derby Cobras, who held Stumps to a draw in the first round of matches.
Medite Ipswich could be without the influential Mike Pitman who will be moving back to Australia early in the new year.
Manager Brian Barnard said: "It is going to be a real shame to lose Mike. He has made a big difference to this side in the last couple of seasons he has been here."
Other than that, the Suffolk side will be hoping to be at full strength with Chris Norton putting in a couple of strong B team performances to challenge for a first team place.
Barnard added "This is not an easy game for us on a surface that is probably more suited to Derby's style of play, but we definitely have the players through the side that can pull out a big performance when needed.
- 1 'He'd be dead' - mum's terror after wave drags her and baby down beach
- 2 Teenager sexually assaulted and then robbed in Ipswich
- 3 GALLERY: Photos show devastating aftermath of huge fire near Ipswich
- 4 Smoke seen across Ipswich as crews tackle large fire
- 5 Travellers pitch up in one of Ipswich's busiest parks
- 6 Ongoing heathland blaze sees 147 calls made to fire service
- 7 Teenager’s 10 year sentence is warning over ‘horrendous’ acid attacks
- 8 Open air theatre coming to Ipswich park later this month
- 9 Redundant care home being used as homes applying for planning after 5 years
"Mark Smith has more or less carried on from where he left off last season and with the strongest front court side in the country we will look to pressure that batsmen into errors.
"Michael Edmond is still bowling at blistering pace and with Sean Ongers being solid with the bat we have a extremely good chance to draw further ahead at the top of the table."
The B team are also in action on Saturday when they play a return match against Derby B. There are likely to be a few changes to the side with Leach and Schofield unavailable.
Medite Ipswich Squad: Barker, Barnard, Bloomfield, Bartrum, Driver, Edmond, Holder, Maskell, Mildenhall, Norton, R Ongers, S Ongers, Pitman, Saggers, Smith, Smith, Sproats.