Academy side's FA Youth Cup date tonight
TOWN'S Academy side take on Shrewsbury Town tonight at Portman Road in the third round of the FA Youth Cup, with a 7pm kick off.Under 18s manager Richard Hall wants the lads to sue it as part of their development.
Town's Academy side take on Shrewsbury Town tonight at Portman Road in the third round of the FA Youth Cup, with a 7pm kick off.
Under 18s manager Richard hall wants the lads to sue it as part of their development.
He said: “The game has that extra edge in that it is a cup competition and hopefully the fans will come out and support the lads and again it will be a good learning curve for the youngsters here.
“The priority for us at the Academy is not about winning trophies really, it is about the development of the boys through the levels into the first team.
“We want to do well in the competition and being a knock out game, it will add that little extra pressure and perhaps tell us something about the boys.”
- 1 Ipswich bricklayer dragged wife out of car before kicking and punching her
- 2 'Despicable racism' condemned after letter in post
- 3 Ipswich man appears in court charged with child sex offences
- 4 Homeless man allegedly stabbed man who offered help
- 5 'It's what I know and love': Former lorry driver opens food truck on A12
- 6 80-year-old woman was stuck in a lift for 10 hours
- 7 Kesgrave family move home to cope with 'crippling' cost of living
- 8 Man who repeatedly hit partner jailed for 64 weeks
- 9 Matchday Recap: Two second-half goals inspire Town win
- 10 School in Ipswich 'proud' of good Ofsted report
Gates to the Britannia Stand only will open at 6.30pm with tickets costing £3 adults £1 juniors and concessions.
The Blues will include 16-year-old Connor Wickham who scored in England's Under-16s, 2-0 Victory Shield win on Friday. Ipswich Town Youth squad: Ward, Clemo, Dunbar, Watson, Ainsley, Hyam, Cawley, Daniels, Lambe, Murray, Wickham, Griffiths, Clark, Eastman, Meekings, Brandon, Ralph, Capocci.