Matchday Live: Town beaten 3-0 after Harrop's red card
- Credit: Pagepix
Ipswich Town were beaten 3-0 by AFC Wimbledon this evening.
Manager Paul Cook says tonight's match at AFC Wimbledon will 'define our season'.
Following three goalless draws from their last four games, the Blues are eighth in the League One table, three points outside the play-off places.
AFC Wimbledon, who won 5-1 at Accrington Stanley on Saturday, are one place and one point above the drop zone.
Speaking ahead of Ipswich's first visit to the new Plough Lane stadium (6.30pm ko), Cook said: “We’ve just played Wigan, Rochdale and MK Dons (all 0-0 draws). Obviously MK Dons are a little bit higher in the league. You see yourselves, there’s nothing in the games. You would never know that we are a big club and the other is in a relegation fight.
“The games are much of a muchness. There’s fine margins in the games.
“Wimbledon went away from home and had a fantastic result on Saturday. That will absolutely buoy their lads to the top of their tip-toes. They’ll see us coming into town now as a scalp that they want to take.
- 1 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 2 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash
- 3 Plans for new central Ipswich Travelodge now available to view online
- 4 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons
- 5 Lounge bar with bespoke cocktails and tapas to open at Ipswich waterfront
- 6 HOW THE NIGHT UNFOLDED: Witches prove too hot for Lynn
- 7 Ipswich music producer's 'amazing' rise as global DJ's assistant
- 8 Breakdown on Orwell Bridge cleared after queues to Copdock roundabout
- 9 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 10 Former Town star Clapham gets head coaching role
“They’ll be bang up to the game and they’ll put it onto us from the first minute.
“It’s a massive game for us and will define our season in my eyes. We have to go there and win. We have to go there and create more chances. We have to be so much braver in our play."
You can follow the came live with us right here.