Matchday Recap: Town beaten 2-0 at Bolton
- Credit: Pagepix Ltd
Ipswich Town were beaten 2-0 by Bolton Wanderers this afternoon.
Manager Kieran McKenna is expecting a ‘completely different challenge’ when his side face Wanderers.
The former Manchester United coach has made a perfect start to life at Portman Road, winning his first two games against Wycombe and Gillingham sides who take a similarly physical approach to games.
But, as he prepares his team to face a Wanderers side who have lost their last five matches, McKenna knows he and his players will need to adapt to a Bolton XI who approach the game differently.
“This week’s a different challenge,” McKenna said. “Bolton are a different style of team to Gillingham and to Wycombe, so we know they will give us different types of problems.
“They will probably look to build up from the back quite well and they have pace up front and midfielders who can get on the ball and dictate possession. They have some good movement and some good patterns.
“It will be a different challenge in terms of style, so we need to do our fundamentals well and defend well as a team.
- 1 Take a look inside new Ipswich restaurant that makes pizza the 'proper way'
- 2 House of Tweed leaves Ipswich after Christmas season
- 3 Is Ipswich really England's oldest town? Experts give their view
- 4 Jailed in Suffolk: The county's criminals locked up in the last week
- 5 Man denies stealing £1,275 from charity
- 6 Empty Ipswich office block could become new flats
- 7 Ipswich families unable to heat mouldy homes get action from landlord
- 8 Take a look inside 15th Century farmhouse near Ipswich up for sale
- 9 Police concerned for welfare of missing 13-year-old boy from Hadleigh
- 10 21 massive acts coming to Ipswich this year
“If we do that we have a good chance to win the game."