Brighton boss Chris Hughton wary of Ipswich Town threat
They may have only lost once at home this season, but Brighton boss Chris Hughton is taking nothing for granted when Ipswich Town visit the Amex Stadium tonight.
The Blues recorded just their fourth away win of the season at the weekend, but it was a significant one – as Mick McCarthy’s men ended Aston Villa’s unbeaten home record in the Championship this season.
Town also won at Brighton last season, 1-0, and held the Seagulls to a goalless draw at Portman Road in September.
Hughton said: “Ipswich are always a threat.
“They went through a difficult period, but they’ve got a manager that I know very well and whenever he’s called upon to turn things around, he can do.
“We’ve never had a comfortable game against Ipswich and they’re on the back of a very good victory against Aston Villa.
“They’ll be coming into the game in good form, so we’ll certainly have to be aware of that.”
- 1 Take a look inside new Ipswich restaurant that makes pizza the 'proper way'
- 2 Is Ipswich really England's oldest town? Experts give their view
- 3 Man denies stealing £1,275 from charity
- 4 Ipswich families unable to heat mouldy homes get action from landlord
- 5 21 massive acts coming to Ipswich this year
- 6 House of Tweed leaves Ipswich after Christmas season
- 7 Inside Shrubland Hall: The James Bond mansion with no licence to wed
- 8 Matchday Recap: Town beaten 2-0 at Bolton
- 9 Motorist was three times the drink drive limit in Stowmarket
- 10 Drunk driver travelled up A14 slip road the wrong way