Capital One Cup team news: Doncaster Rovers v Ipswich Town
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Mick McCarthy will field a young side for tonight’s Capital One Cup Second Round clash at Doncaster Rovers.
Myles Kenlock, who signed a two-year professional deal yesterday, will start, as will Josh Emmanuel, Josh Yorwerth and young Irish midfielder Adam McDonnell.
New striker James Alabi could also be in the reckoning but the Town boss remains without Teddy Bishop, Kevin Bru, Daryl Murphy and Jonny Parr, who are unlikely to be back contention before the forthcoming international break.
“Everyone is fine, it was a bruising encounter at Preston. They played very well in the first half, we edged the second and we certainly produced two bits of quality in our goals, that’s for sure,” said McCarthy.
Dean Gerken could get the nod, ahead of Michael Crowe, in goal, with Bartosz Bialkowski on compassionate leave in Poland, following the death of his father.
“I experienced it myself when I was away with Ireland, my father was ill, he was on his last legs. I flew home from Cyprus. It’s important, you have got to do it and he saw him for the last time,” added the Blues boss.
“We feel for feel for him and family, it’s a sad time for him, but he will have to deal with it, get on with it and come back and hopefully carry on playing like he was.”
- 1 Beautiful new bottomless brunches launch at Ipswich bar
- 2 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 3 Family's gratitude after Christmas samaritan's £50 act of kindness
- 4 Man arrested after Ipswich train station incident released
- 5 'Lovely to be acknowledged' - Ipswich craft shop pleased with bounce back
- 6 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 7 Ipswich Station closed as man arrested for possessing a firearm
- 8 'Really lovely and easy to talk to' - Tributes to passionate beekeeper Alan
- 9 Cash agreed for £1.9m school expansion project
- 10 Court to decide how much swindler should repay customers