Chirewa scores as Town U23s draw at Barnsley
- Credit: Ross Halls
Tawanda Chirewa scored a second half equaliser as Ipswich Town's U23s drew 1-1 at Barnsley this afternoon.
Following a goalless first half, substitute Fabio Jalo headed the Tykes in front after 71 minutes.
Blues sub Matt Ward soon went close to equalising, when rifling a low shot just wide, before Chirewa levelled things up in the 78th minute.
In a search for a winner, Zanda Siziba saw a powerful effort deflected wide and Albie Armin saw a header blocked late on.
Kieron Dyer's men remain five points off the top-two with a record of W3 D1 L2.
Town XI: Bort, Agbaje, Clements, Alexander, Armin, Baggott, Curtis, Humphreys, Morris, Chirewa, Siziba. Subs: Healy, Yengi, Ward.
- 1 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 2 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 3 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 4 Superhero send off planned for 'charismatic and cheeky' Alexander, 15
- 5 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 6 Man jailed after safe stolen from Spread Eagle pub
- 7 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 8 Jailed in Suffolk: J Block gang members and man who attacked train station staff
- 9 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 10 'I will miss her enormously' - husband's tribute to NHS hero Carol