Town target Crooks completes Boro switch
- Credit: Middlesbrough FC
Ipswich Town target Matt Crooks has signed for Championship club Middlesbrough.
The EADT and Ipswich Star revealed Crooks to be a top target for Blues boss Paul Cook back in early June, with Rotherham boss Paul Warne then not shy in discussing the Town's pursuit over the versatile midfielder.
Now the transfer saga has come to a close, with the 27-year-old penning a three-year deal at Boro.
The Rotherham Advertiser reports that the deal is worth an initial £1.1m.
"I'm delighted to have got him, I've always liked Matthew, for many years," said Boro boss Neil Warnock.
"He can play in different positions, and he's a wholehearted player that I think the fans will take to.
"I'm sure he'll have a good few years at Middlesbrough."
Town signed attacking midfielder Scott Fraser for an undisclosed fee from MK Dons recently, but still need more depth in that position ahead of the new season.
It's understood that versatile Middlesbrough player Hayden Coulson, primarily a left-back, is set to join Town on loan and become the club's ninth summer signing.
- 1 Ipswich tech firm warns of spyware scare on Apple devices
- 2 First look at full schedule for Sound City Ipswich music festival
- 3 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 4 Lloyds Bank branch closes temporarily as staff self-isolate due to Covid
- 5 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 6 Felixstowe man caught with thousands of indecent images of children
- 7 Two arrested after man assaulted in Ipswich
- 8 Waterfront restaurant with 145 wines crowned best in Ipswich
- 9 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 10 School in Ipswich takes 'decisive action' to make rapid improvements