On-loan Town youngster on target for his country
- Credit: PA
On-loan Ipswich Town youngster Armando Dobra was on target during international duty last night.
The 20-year-old, who is currently on loan at Colchester United netted for Albania under-21s in their 2-0 victory over Slovenia in a European Championship qualifier in Elbasan.
Dobra, who joined Colchester on loan for the season on the final day of the transfer window, scored after 58 minutes.
It was the young attacker's first goal at under-21 international level, on the occasion of his sixth cap for the team.
Bernard Karrica had given Albania under-21s the lead, five minutes earlier.
Dobra was substituted in the 68th minute.
Dobra will now return to the JobServe Community Stadium and will be hoping to secure a place in the U's side for their home clash with Harrogate Town, this weekend.
- 1 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 2 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 3 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 4 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 5 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 6 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 7 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 8 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 9 Ipswich woman's drug dealing confiscation hearing adjourned
- 10 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store