King becomes third Tractor Girl to sign pro deal
- Credit: Ross Halls
Midfield talent Eloise King has become the third Ipswich Town Women's player to sign a pro deal at the club.
A product of Town's WSL Academy setup, King made her senior debut against Southampton in August 2019 and has since gone on to become a key figure within the Tractor Girls' side.
She scored her first senior goals for the club against Royston Town in October 2019 - the first game of Town's historic Women's FA Cup run, which saw them finally go out to giants Manchester City.
Notably, the England youth international bagged a hat-trick in the 10-0 win over local rivals Norwich in March last year.
In total, the number 10, a huge Town fan, has made 19 appearances for the Tractor Girls, scoring 13 goals.
"I'm delighted! Obviously it's my childhood club so it's everything to me and I'm just glad it's done now," King told iFollow Ipswich.
"As a kid it was something I always dreamed about and playing football for this club is something I always had in my mind as something I wanna do."
- 1 Ipswich tech firm warns of spyware scare on Apple devices
- 2 First look at full schedule for Sound City Ipswich music festival
- 3 Two arrested after man assaulted in Ipswich
- 4 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 5 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 6 'Microshop' selling only American candy opens in Ipswich
- 7 School in Ipswich takes 'decisive action' to make rapid improvements
- 8 Lloyds Bank branch closes temporarily as staff self-isolate due to Covid
- 9 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 10 Waterfront restaurant with 145 wines crowned best in Ipswich