Fans react to Ipswich Town season ticket price increase
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Fans have reacted angrily to news that Ipswich Town FC is increasing the price of adult season tickets next year.
Despite a disappointing season so far, the club are set to put up prices by 1.5% while increasing the age limit for concessions from 60 to 65 next season.
The club hope to attract a younger generation of fans to Portman Road, increasing its under 20s concessions to those under 23.
Managing director Ian Milne described the decision to increase the ticket price as ‘regrettable’ but necessary to meet the costs of owner Marcus Evan’s plans for the future.
The news has been met with criticism from Town fans who say this will put them off dishing out for a ticket next season.
You may also want to watch:
Matt Makin said on Twitter: “#itfc spout about needing to get younger fans in, and then go and scrap the U11 ticket and price out young families. It defies logic.”
nw5blue said: “All season ticket prices going up again despite no investment from the owner and a dire brand of football. Club being killed slowly #itfc”
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 3 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 4 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 5 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 6 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 7 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 8 Man caused £26k worth of damage after setting fire to van and car
- 9 London man who travelled to meet decoy teen to stand trial
- 10 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
Loy-D added: “After such an awful season @Official_ITFC raise season ticket prices?! Absolutely crazy and actually so sad how our club is now run #itfc”