Fans react to Ipswich Town season ticket price increase
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Fans have reacted angrily to news that Ipswich Town FC is increasing the price of adult season tickets next year.
Despite a disappointing season so far, the club are set to put up prices by 1.5% while increasing the age limit for concessions from 60 to 65 next season.
The club hope to attract a younger generation of fans to Portman Road, increasing its under 20s concessions to those under 23.
Managing director Ian Milne described the decision to increase the ticket price as ‘regrettable’ but necessary to meet the costs of owner Marcus Evan’s plans for the future.
The news has been met with criticism from Town fans who say this will put them off dishing out for a ticket next season.
You may also want to watch:
Matt Makin said on Twitter: “#itfc spout about needing to get younger fans in, and then go and scrap the U11 ticket and price out young families. It defies logic.”
nw5blue said: “All season ticket prices going up again despite no investment from the owner and a dire brand of football. Club being killed slowly #itfc”
- 1 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 2 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 3 Community left heartbroken by loss of mum Jessica
- 4 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
- 5 Plans to turn Ipswich office into housing resubmitted with fewer flats
- 6 Suffolk man buys rare Mini built to mark Queen's Silver Jubilee for £10k
- 7 All Covid rapid testing centres in Suffolk are shutting down
- 8 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 9 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 10 Father’s questions over death of 'intelligent' Joshua, 25, at mental health unit
Loy-D added: “After such an awful season @Official_ITFC raise season ticket prices?! Absolutely crazy and actually so sad how our club is now run #itfc”