Five Ipswich Town youngsters sign first pro deals
- Credit: Ross Halls
Five young Ipswich Town players have signed their first professional contracts with the club.
Fraser Alexander, Antoni Bort, Harley Curtis, Alfie Cutbush and Brooklyn Kabongolo have all signed one-year deals, with the club having the option to extend each one by a further 12 months.
All five were involved in the Blues’ impressive FA Youth Cup run last season, which saw the youngsters reach the last four of the prestigious competition before ultimately falling to Liverpool.
Midfielder Alexander captained that side, while injury kept goalkeeper Bort out of the Liverpool match after he suffered a concussion in the quarter-final victory over Sheffield United.
Curtis netted the winner as the Blues knocked Fulham out of the competition while Kabongolo also scored in that game. Cutbush scored twice against Southend earlier in the run.
All five youngsters will be pushing for regular football in Kieron Dyer’s Under 23 side next season.
- 1 £1.4m home with swimming pool and tennis court for sale on edge of Ipswich
- 2 'Happy-go-lucky' mum died in Ipswich days after news of second lockdown
- 3 'Stressed' bride forced to cut guest list just over a week before wedding
- 4 Drug courier delivering cocaine in Ipswich is jailed
- 5 WATCH: England fan pulled out of water at Ipswich marina
- 6 Opening date confirmed for new indoor market in Ipswich's former Peacocks
- 7 Kesgrave shooting: Teenager 'unintentionally' pulled trigger, defence says
- 8 Man and woman charged in connection with the theft of 85 dogs
- 9 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 10 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich