Ipswich Town boss Mick McCarthy will discuss discipline and ‘daft’ yellow cards with Tom Lawrence
Ipswich Town manager Mick McCarthy will speak to Tom Lawrence, after the 23-year-old’s indiscipline brought him a two-match ban.
The talented forward was booked for dissent at Brighton on Tuesday night, his 10th caution of the season, and will miss tomorrow’s home clash with Leeds and next Sunday’s East Anglian derby at Norwich City as a result.
“I had a word with him (Lawrence) before and I will again, it’s just daft and it’s to our loss. Let’s hope it’s not too big a loss,” said McCarthy, of the on-loan Leicester man.
Lawrence’s absence could, however, pave the way for a new hero and McCarthy has plenty of attacking options at his disposal.
“We have got Fred (Freddie Sears) and Pits (Brett (Pitman) and Kieffer (Moore).
You may also want to watch:
“We have the finishing, craft and guile of Pits, pace and legs with Freddie and the physical presence of Kieffer, so we have options.”
- 1 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 2 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 3 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 4 Major delays on A12 after five vehicle crash
- 5 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 6 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 7 Pair who hid murderer are among trio jailed for running drug syndicate
- 8 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 9 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 10 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault