Ipswich Town boss nominated for Championship Manager of the Month award
Ipswich Town boss Mick McCarthy is among the four nominees for November’s Championship manager of the Month award.
McCarthy – who won the award in September – led the Blues to two home wins over higher-placed opponents, Wolves and Watford, two away wins, at Blackpool and Charlton, the latter previously unbeaten at home, and a draw at high-flying Bournemouth.
Brentford boss Mark Warburton is the likely winner after he guided the newly-promoted Bees to five successive wins (Derby, Fulham and Wolves at home, Forest and Millwall away), that run lifting them to third in the table.
Neil Lennon and Gary Rowett are also nominees after they turned around the fortunes of previously struggling Bolton and Birmingham respectively.
Bolton claimed 10 points from a possible 12 – beating Cardiff, Wigan and Huddersfield at home, and drawing at Blackpool – to climb to 18th in the table.
Birmingham ended October with an 8-0 home drubbing by Bournemouth, but have gone five games undefeated. The Midlands side have conceded just twice in wins against Watford, Forest and Rotherham and draws against Wolves and Cardiff.
- 1 Apology for Ipswich pub landlords after 'insensitive LGBT+ comments'
- 2 ‘I thought I was going to die’ - Woman feels let down after spiking
- 3 'My life is hard enough' - Suffolk disabled dad struggles to repair home
- 4 More than 200 homes in Ipswich without electricity after power cut
- 5 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 6 Gucci items hidden in Asda stores across the country
- 7 Matchday Recap: Town out of Trophy after shootout loss
- 8 Man acted as lookout while accomplice robbed Ipswich store
- 9 'A lovely green space' - race against time to buy mini-Ipswich woodland
- 10 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside