Town still waiting on contract answer from winger Edwards
- Credit: Steve Waller-www.stephenwaller.c
Ipswich Town are still waiting on a contract decision from winger Gwion Edwards.
The Blues offered the out-of-contract Welshman fresh terms at the end of last season but have yet to receive an answer from the winger at a time when he has just three weeks remaining on his current deal.
Edwards has interest from elsewhere but, the longer the situation goes on, the less likely a return to Ipswich seems for a player who has made 109 appearances for the club since joining in the summer of 2018.
Town have already recruited Wes Burns to operate in advanced wide areas, signing him from Fleetwood Town last week, and manager Paul Cook is likely to make plenty more additions in attacking areas prior to the start of the new season.
Edwards has already had interest from MK Dons this summer and, during previous transfer windows, has been linked with the likes of Sunderland and Preston North End.
It’s understood a return to former club Peterborough, from where he signed for Town 2018 for £700,000, would appeal to the Welshman but it remains to be seen whether Posh would be willing to make a move for their former player.
- 1 WATCH: England fan pulled out of water at Ipswich marina
- 2 Opening date confirmed for new indoor market in Ipswich's former Peacocks
- 3 'Happy-go-lucky' mum died in Ipswich days after news of second lockdown
- 4 Man and woman charged in connection with the theft of 85 dogs
- 5 'Stressed' bride forced to cut guest list just over a week before wedding
- 6 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 7 Drug courier delivering cocaine in Ipswich is jailed
- 8 Kesgrave shooting: Teenager 'unintentionally' pulled trigger, defence says
- 9 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich
- 10 £1.4m home with swimming pool and tennis court for sale on edge of Ipswich