Ipswich Town fans have already bought 10,000 season tickets
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Almost 10,000 season tickets have already been snapped up by Ipswich Town fans as the star-spangled revolution gathers pace at Portman Road.
The Blues have new American owners, an ambitious new CEO in Mark Ashton, a new home kit sponsored by Suffolk superstar Ed Sheeran and, crucially, some new signings already through the door.
That has persuaded the vast majority of 2020/21season ticket holders to renew for next term - when fans will hopefully be back in the ground - with the club also offering the renewal price to the 2019/20 holders who didn’t buy last year amid the uncertainly caused by the Covid-19 pandemic.
Over a third of those 3,000 season ticket holders from 2019/20 have booked their place back at Portman Road as Town target promotion and a return to the Championship, taking the overall tally to 10,000.
In all, that figure is already a jump of 1,000 on last season's figure.
Season tickets will go on sale at the early bird rate from 10am tomorrow, and will be available at that price until 5pm on Friday, August 5.
Season tickets can be purchased online here.
You can also call the ticket office on 03330 05 05 03 to purchase over the phone, but lines are expected to be busy.
- 1 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 2 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich
- 3 Opening date confirmed for new indoor market in Ipswich's former Peacocks
- 4 WATCH: England fan pulled out of water at Ipswich marina
- 5 £1.4m home with swimming pool and tennis court for sale on edge of Ipswich
- 6 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 7 'Stressed' bride forced to cut guest list just over a week before wedding
- 8 Kesgrave shooting trial: 'Good character cannot provide a defence'
- 9 Drug courier delivering cocaine in Ipswich is jailed
- 10 Man and woman charged in connection with the theft of 85 dogs