Ipswich Town v Stevenage: Kevin Bru injured as Mick McCarthy names six full debutants in starting XI
Ipswich Town will make 10 changes from the side that started the draw at Brentford on Saturday, for tomorrow night’s Capital One Cup First Round game with Stevenage.
Only skipper Luke Chambers survives from Griffin Park while senior debuts will be handed to young defenders Myles Kenlock and Giles Coke.
Dean Gerken will play in goal, while full Blues debuts will be handed to Giles Coke, Jonathan Douglas, Larsen Toure and Brett Pitman.
Midfielder Kevin Bru who limped off with cramp on Saturday, picked up a hamstring injury in training this morning, while Teddy Bishop (hamstring) and Jonny Parr remain sidelined.
“Kevin trained today. I thought he might have done his hamstring (on Saturday) and then subsequently he has done his hamstring this morning,” said McCarthy.
You may also want to watch:
“He came out and trained this morning, it was cramp on Saturday. He came out, he started great and he just pulled up in the training session.
“That’s quite sad, he’ll have a scan tomorrow, see how bad it is. Hopefully, it’s not too bad and he’ll be back quite quickly.”
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 3 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 4 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 5 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 6 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 7 Man caused £26k worth of damage after setting fire to van and car
- 8 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 9 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 10 London man who travelled to meet decoy teen to stand trial
Ipswich starting XI: Gerken, Chambers, Yorwerth, Berra, Kenlock, Coke, Douglas, Tabb, Toure, Pitman, McGoldrick.