Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- Credit: Ray Lawrence
Bersant Celina scored a late winner to send Portman Road wild this afternoon.
The Blues won 4-0 at Fratton Park on Tuesday night, with Paul Cook's side moving up to 13th in the table ahead of this afternoon's game. Three points could take them ninth.
The game sees one of Town's American owners visit the club for the first time, with Brett Johnson watching on from the stands.
"To have Brett over for the game will be fantastic for him but it's also fantastic for us and our supporters", manager Paul Cook said.
"It's been a long time since our owners took over and the opportunites to travel because of Covid have been really difficult.
"We know how much they've been supporting us from afar. They're very passionate about the Club and what we're doing on a daily basis.
"He'll see a very passionate fanbase and a very passionate support that care deeply about their football club and are wanting success so badly.
- 1 Things you should know before visiting Spoon World Buffet and Bar
- 2 Cycle wands being removed from Ipswich roads
- 3 Rudolph starts his run - when is he coming to your Ipswich street?
- 4 Plans submitted to turn special measures care home into hotel
- 5 Ipswich School named among the best in the region
- 6 Illegal immigrant caught running cannabis factory is jailed
- 7 Suspected drink-driver charged after three-car collision in Ipswich
- 8 Four charged over alleged samurai sword attack
- 9 Gang jailed for 'horrific' torture attack on man in Ipswich home
- 10 Emergency road closure in place on busy Ipswich road
"Hopefully, we can deliver a performance so he'll go back to America to tell his colleagues how proud he was of the team and how much he enjoyed the experience."
You can follow the game live with us right here.