Keane is cold over Thatcher
BEN Thatcher, Ipswich Town's forgotten man, has certainly been forgotten by Roy Keane.The Town boss has no intention, at least for the foreseeable future, of bringing the 34-year-old defender into his squad, regardless of whether he is fit or not.
BEN Thatcher, Ipswich Town's forgotten man, has certainly been forgotten by Roy Keane.
The Town boss has no intention, at least for the foreseeable future, of bringing the 34-year-old defender into his squad, regardless of whether he is fit or not.
Thatcher has not featured since damaging his knee in the East Anglian derby against Norwich towards the end of last season. Keane has not been impressed by the player's insistence on travelling vast distances from his home to training, rather than having a more permanent base closer to the club.
"Asked about Thatcher's fitness, and availability, at yesterday's Portman Road press conference, Keane gave this response.
"You'll have to ask him that, if he's fit or not," said Keane.
- 1 Ipswich bricklayer dragged wife out of car before kicking and punching her
- 2 'Despicable racism' condemned after letter in post
- 3 Ipswich man appears in court charged with child sex offences
- 4 'It's what I know and love': Former lorry driver opens food truck on A12
- 5 Homeless man allegedly stabbed man who offered help
- 6 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 7 Fire crews called to fire on flat balcony in busy Ipswich road
- 8 School in Ipswich 'proud' of good Ofsted report
- 9 Peugeot stolen from Ipswich pub car park
- 10 Man who repeatedly hit partner jailed for 64 weeks
"I don't know if he's training. He might come in if he fancies it, if the traffic is not too bad. But he's training with nobody.
"And we won't be settling up his contract."