Keane 'We should have won'
IPSWICH Town boss Roy Keane believed that his beleaguered side should have chalked up their first win of the season this afternoon.But Town had to be content with a frustrating 1-1 home draw against Swansea City, to leave them still waiting for their first win after 12 games.
IPSWICH Town boss Roy Keane believed that his beleaguered side should have chalked up their first win of the season this afternoon.
But Town had to be content with a frustrating 1-1 home draw against Swansea City, to leave them still waiting for their first win after 12 games.
"It wasn't bad. We had good chances in the second half, so I thought we should have won the game," insisted Keane.
You may also want to watch:
"My defenders thought their lad (Beattie) was offside for their goal, but then they would do! But I thought we responded well and the fans got behind us."
Keane left out Richard Wright from the squad - the Town No. 1 was not even on the bench as new recruit Asmir Begovic was handed his debut.
- 1 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 2 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 3 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 4 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 5 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 6 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 7 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 8 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home
- 9 Pair who hid murderer are among trio jailed for running drug syndicate
- 10 Flooding expected near Ipswich Waterfront
"If you know Richard (Wright) like I do, then you'll know that his reaction will be first class. He'll be in training on Monday,"
The Irishman also revealed that the deal to bring a new loan player to Portman Road, early next week, had fallen through.
Swansea manager Paulo Sousa was happy his side's point. He insisted:
"I'm proud of my players. Ipswich have a fantastic squad and they will not be in this position for long. They can be near the top at the end of the season, so I'm happy with the draw.
"I thought we controlled the game in the first half, and could have scored more goals, but we were not as direct as I would have hoped in the second half."