Keane 'We should have won'
IPSWICH Town boss Roy Keane believed that his beleaguered side should have chalked up their first win of the season this afternoon.But Town had to be content with a frustrating 1-1 home draw against Swansea City, to leave them still waiting for their first win after 12 games.
IPSWICH Town boss Roy Keane believed that his beleaguered side should have chalked up their first win of the season this afternoon.
But Town had to be content with a frustrating 1-1 home draw against Swansea City, to leave them still waiting for their first win after 12 games.
"It wasn't bad. We had good chances in the second half, so I thought we should have won the game," insisted Keane.
"My defenders thought their lad (Beattie) was offside for their goal, but then they would do! But I thought we responded well and the fans got behind us."
Keane left out Richard Wright from the squad - the Town No. 1 was not even on the bench as new recruit Asmir Begovic was handed his debut.
- 1 Six arrested following two incidents involving knives in Ipswich
- 2 Application submitted for new store in Ipswich
- 3 Drug dealers jailed after police seize cocaine from van and home
- 4 Missing 17-year-old girl found safe and well
- 5 Pub with 'gorgeous views' named one of UK's best waterside drinking spots
- 6 When and where will the thunderstorms hit Suffolk?
- 7 'My darling boy' - Mum's tribute to six-month-old baby who died after crash
- 8 Go-ahead for business park project that could create 350 jobs in Ipswich
- 9 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 10 Two men spit at victim and demand money near Ipswich Waterfront
"If you know Richard (Wright) like I do, then you'll know that his reaction will be first class. He'll be in training on Monday,"
The Irishman also revealed that the deal to bring a new loan player to Portman Road, early next week, had fallen through.
Swansea manager Paulo Sousa was happy his side's point. He insisted:
"I'm proud of my players. Ipswich have a fantastic squad and they will not be in this position for long. They can be near the top at the end of the season, so I'm happy with the draw.
"I thought we controlled the game in the first half, and could have scored more goals, but we were not as direct as I would have hoped in the second half."