Kings of Anglia podcast special: Berke Bakay interview
- Credit: Archant
In a special Kings of Anglia podcast, football writers Stuart Watson and Andy Warren interview Berke Bakay, one of Ipswich Town's new owners.
Bakay is one of the Three Lions - along with Brett Johnson and Mark Detmer - who form part of the Gamechanger group which bought Town from Marcus Evans for £40m earlier this month.
In a wide-ranging chat, Bakay discussed his vision for the club, his first few weeks in charge of the club, the group's success at Phoenix Rising, how he signed legend Didier Drogba and much, much more.
He also discusses Town's recent form, Paul Cook's struggles and the weight of responsibility he feels taking over a club like Ipswich Town.
You can listen to it all here..
Or, if you'd rather watch the video, that's here too...
- 1 Ipswich tech firm warns of spyware scare on Apple devices
- 2 First look at full schedule for Sound City Ipswich music festival
- 3 Two arrested after man assaulted in Ipswich
- 4 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 5 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 6 'Microshop' selling only American candy opens in Ipswich
- 7 School in Ipswich takes 'decisive action' to make rapid improvements
- 8 Lloyds Bank branch closes temporarily as staff self-isolate due to Covid
- 9 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 10 Waterfront restaurant with 145 wines crowned best in Ipswich