'A great side' - Shrimps scorer Wildig on Town
- Credit: Pagepix Ltd
Morecambe goalscorer Aaron Wildig heaped praise on Ipswich Town after yesterday's 1-1 draw, saying the Shrimps were happy with a point.
Wildig's goal looked to have given Morecambe all three points, but Wes Burns struck late to salvage a draw for the Blues, their second of a frustrating week.
And the midfielder said: “When you get to the 87th minute you have to try and see the game out, but if you look at the game as a whole, you have to take the point.
“They are a great side, they rotated the ball in the middle of the pitch very well and they overload the areas out wide.
“I thought Trev (Carson) was a deserved man of the match, I thought he was excellent between the sticks that helped us get a point, on another day they would have been disappointed not to win.”
Boss Derek Adams, who only returned to the club on Thursday after Stephen Robinson's departure, said: “I had a great day, the supporters from the start of the game were magnificent, it was nice to be back.
“To get a point, I think we can be happy with, I think we were a danger and a lot more resolute after the break, I haven’t had much time to change things but I thought we were a threat on the counter-attack.
“I am delighted with the people that I have come back to, it is football club that is homely, it looks after their own and I am delighted to be back here.”
- 1 Man 'punched and slashed' in serious assault in car park at Ipswich B&M
- 2 Ellie uses 4 tonne truck to make impressive entrance at school prom
- 3 Burger van owner's anger after thieves steal food from trailer in Ipswich
- 4 Ipswich firm admits mis-selling foam loft insulation to Suffolk customers
- 5 'Fantastic opportunity' as Ipswich's Thomas Wolsey pub listed for sale
- 6 Travellers remain at Ipswich park after arrival last week
- 7 Search ongoing for 29-year-old Suffolk man missing for three weeks
- 8 'We're going to push back!' - Ashton's message to Norwich City
- 9 Tent, kitchen units and bedding dumped in 'unsightly' fly-tipping
- 10 5 award-winning restaurants in and around Ipswich you need to visit
Adams added: “Ipswich are a good side, they had not conceded a goal for a long time and were after a club record I think, they had some really good opportunities in the match, and Trevor Carson made some excellent saves."