New-boy Norris bowled over by Town
DAVID Norris admits he has been bowled over by Ipswich Town.The former Plymouth Argyle midfielder, who joined Town in a £2m deal on transfer deadline day, said: "It's a new life here for me and that is a little nerve-wracking at the start.
DAVID Norris admits he has been bowled over by Ipswich Town.
The former Plymouth Argyle midfielder, who joined Town in a £2m deal on transfer deadline day, said: "It's a new life here for me and that is a little nerve-wracking at the start.”
Norris, one of five new additions to the Ipswich squad, said: “It's a bit similar to your first day at school, but the lads have made us all feel at home.
"It's a million miles from what I have been used to though. This is a very professional football club. The preparation for games, the training facilities, the indoor pitch, the stadium - they are all first class.”
Speaking in today's matchday programme, Norris continued: "Everything is done to the highest standards. That is important and it also limits your excuses.
"The preparation is so good that you then have to take responsibility if performances are not up to the standard they should be."
- 1 9 Ipswich restaurants we wish had never closed
- 2 Ipswich primary school closed for 'maintenance investigations'
- 3 Ipswich man jailed for three years for attempted robbery
- 4 Police seek driver who failed to stop at scene of crash
- 5 New Ipswich council houses and microhomes win awards
- 6 10 pictures of Ipswich pub's light switch-on
- 7 Ipswich Travelodge developer celebrates £7.4m bank backing
- 8 Major milestone marked as Ipswich Hospital south entrance reopens
- 9 'Mum had the last Christmas she deserved' - Ipswich hospice helps families
- 10 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
For full interview see page 49.