Young Ipswich Town duo sign new contracts
- Credit: Pagepix Ltd
Striker Ben Morris and defender Bailey Clements have signed new contracts with Ipswich Town.
Both players have signed new one-year deals, with the club holding the option to extend both by a further 12 months.
Morris has missed much of the last three seasons after suffering two knee ligament injuries but is fit again and has been given the chance to get his career back on track with the Blues.
The Academy graduate made his first-team debut in August 2017 when he came on as a second-half substitute against Crystal Palace in the League Cup and provided an assist as the Blues fell to a 2-1 defeat at Selhurst Park.
Following a loan spell at Forest Green Rovers in the first half of the 2018/19 season, two cruciate ligament injuries put his progress on hold but now he’s ready to stake his claim for a place in Paul Cook’s squad for the campaign ahead.
“I've had a tough two years with the injuries so I'm really happy to have this opportunity," Morris said.
“I'm back from injury now and I'm ready to go in pre-season. My return date pretty much coincided with the end of last season, so I couldn't train with the lads but it gave me more time to prepare.
- 1 WATCH: England fan pulled out of water at Ipswich marina
- 2 Opening date confirmed for new indoor market in Ipswich's former Peacocks
- 3 'Happy-go-lucky' mum died in Ipswich days after news of second lockdown
- 4 Man and woman charged in connection with the theft of 85 dogs
- 5 'Stressed' bride forced to cut guest list just over a week before wedding
- 6 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 7 Drug courier delivering cocaine in Ipswich is jailed
- 8 Kesgrave shooting: Teenager 'unintentionally' pulled trigger, defence says
- 9 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich
- 10 £1.4m home with swimming pool and tennis court for sale on edge of Ipswich
“It's a chance for me to prove myself again and I want to be involved and play games.
“I just want to play football, that's it."
Clements' one senior appearance came at Luton Town in the Carabao Cup in August 2019 and was a big part of Kieron Dyer's Under 23 side last season.