No signings expected before Reading game
NO loan signings are expected at Ipswich Town before Saturday's home Coca-Cola Championship game against Reading.Manager Jim Magilton has confirmed he is chasing a wide player and a central defender to strengthen his squad - but nothing is likely to happen this week.
NO loan signings are expected at Ipswich Town before Saturday's home Coca-Cola Championship game against Reading.
Manager Jim Magilton has confirmed he is chasing a wide player and a central defender to strengthen his squad - but nothing is likely to happen this week.
Adam Johnson of Middlesbrough is believed to be the number one target for the midfield role, and reports suggesting Town are interested in Watford's Damien Francis appear wide of the mark as the former Norwich City star plays through the middle.
French left side midfielder Fabrice Ehret has said he twice turned down the chance to join the Blues during the summer transfer window. The 28-year-old has not featured for his newly-promoted Bundesliga club this season having made 54 league appearances since 2006.
Ipswich may have enquired about the player, but he was certainly not one of their top priorities, with foreign players now unable to join English clubs until the January transfer window opens.
- 1 Teenager sexually assaulted and then robbed in Ipswich
- 2 Police cordon in place outside former Grimwades store in Ipswich
- 3 Travellers pitch up in one of Ipswich's busiest parks
- 4 Teenager’s 10 year sentence is warning over ‘horrendous’ acid attacks
- 5 One of the world's largest container ships arrives at Port of Felixstowe
- 6 Open air theatre coming to Ipswich park later this month
- 7 GALLERY: Photos show devastating aftermath of huge fire near Ipswich
- 8 Two knives found in Ipswich park after six teenagers arrested
- 9 'He'd be dead' - mum's terror after wave drags her and baby down beach
- 10 10-acre field fire breaks out in south Suffolk village
Cologne said last month that Town had made an unsuccessful bid for their Slovenian striker Milivoje Novakovic .
Magilton is seeking “no risk” additions to his squad - players who he is convinced will improve on what he has already got.
He flew to Belfast this afternoon for media work during this evening's Northern Ireland international with his players having their traditional Wednesday day off.