No signings expected before Reading game
NO loan signings are expected at Ipswich Town before Saturday's home Coca-Cola Championship game against Reading.Manager Jim Magilton has confirmed he is chasing a wide player and a central defender to strengthen his squad - but nothing is likely to happen this week.
NO loan signings are expected at Ipswich Town before Saturday's home Coca-Cola Championship game against Reading.
Manager Jim Magilton has confirmed he is chasing a wide player and a central defender to strengthen his squad - but nothing is likely to happen this week.
Adam Johnson of Middlesbrough is believed to be the number one target for the midfield role, and reports suggesting Town are interested in Watford's Damien Francis appear wide of the mark as the former Norwich City star plays through the middle.
You may also want to watch:
French left side midfielder Fabrice Ehret has said he twice turned down the chance to join the Blues during the summer transfer window. The 28-year-old has not featured for his newly-promoted Bundesliga club this season having made 54 league appearances since 2006.
Ipswich may have enquired about the player, but he was certainly not one of their top priorities, with foreign players now unable to join English clubs until the January transfer window opens.
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 3 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 4 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 5 Cardinal Practice 'access issues' to be discussed at key NHS meeting
- 6 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 7 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again
- 8 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 9 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
- 10 Two people rescued after search off Harwich coast
Cologne said last month that Town had made an unsuccessful bid for their Slovenian striker Milivoje Novakovic .
Magilton is seeking “no risk” additions to his squad - players who he is convinced will improve on what he has already got.
He flew to Belfast this afternoon for media work during this evening's Northern Ireland international with his players having their traditional Wednesday day off.