Norris fined and warned by Blues
David Norris has been fined and warned as to his future conduct by Ipswich Town after his controversial goal celebration on Saturday.
DAVID Norris has been fined and warned as to his future conduct by Ipswich Town after his controversial goal celebration on Saturday.
Norris appeared to make a 'handcuff' gesture in support of his former Plymouth team-mate Luke McCormick after scoring for the Blues at Blackpool.
The 27-year-old insisted the gesture was not intended to condone or support the actions of McCormick but was found by the club to be insensitive to the possible interpretation.
Ipswich released a statement at around 5pm on Monday that read: "David deeply regrets that his actions have been wrongly interpreted and has today written a personal and private letter of regret to Mr and Mrs Peak.
"In hearing the player's explanation, the club also regrets the potential for misinterpretation of the gesture and would like to make a donation to an appropriate charity, equal to the fine imposed on the player."
- 1 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 2 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 3 ‘I’ve got no life’ - Ipswich woman's agony as she waits for operation
- 4 Drug dealer found with cannabis, 133 tablets and cash jailed
- 5 Lorry overturned on roundabout closes A14 near Felixstowe
- 6 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days
- 7 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich
- 8 Star Suffolk breakfast blogger reveals her favourite food spots around Ipswich
- 9 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 10 Did you know these 10 pubs were open in Ipswich?
McCormick is serving seven years and four months for causing the deaths of Arron Peak, 10, and his brother Ben, eight, in a car accident when he was under the influence of alcohol earlier this summer on his way home from Norris' wedding.