Old Boy Kevin to face Town
FORMER Ipswich Town midfielder, Kevin Horlock, will play for Bury Town against his old club in tonight's first pre-season friendly of the summer at Ram Meadow .
FORMER Ipswich Town midfielder, Kevin Horlock, will play for Bury Town against his old club in tonight's first pre-season friendly of the summer at Ram Meadow (kick-off 7.45pm).
Championship visitors Ipswich will include a handful of first teamers among their ranks, and there will certainly be some familiar faces in the Bury side for Ipswich fans, including triallist Horlock and defender Gavin Johnson.
Former Northern Ireland international Horlock made 58 league appearances for Ipswich between 2004 and '06.
The 35-year-old also played for the likes of Swindon, Manchester City and West Ham.
You may also want to watch:
Bury boss Richard Wilkins said: “Kevin (Horlock) has been training with us two or three times. He's looking sharp and is very keen.
“He has recently moved into the area, near Eye, and he's currently weighing up his options. But he's enjoying it with us and hopefully he will play for us this season.
- 1 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 2 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 3 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 4 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 5 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 6 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
- 7 £1,600 worth of power tools stolen while owner was shopping
- 8 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 9 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 10 Ipswich Flooring Superstore opening brings jobs and investment
“The team is made up of mostly 20-or-so year-olds, so we need some experienced players around them.
“Gavin Johnson proved invaluable for us last season, and he should do the same again this season. Both he and Kevin are still quality players.”
Bury will also include summer signings Roscoe Hipperson (centre-half from Histon) and Marcus Garnham (keeper from Woodbridge) in tonight's squad.
Richard Naylor, Billy Clarke, Gary Roberts and Shane Supple are all set to figure for Ipswich, with new reserve development coach Chris Kiwomya taking charge of a mix of first team and Academy players.
Kiwomya said: “I'm still feeling my way and learning about the players and their characters and I will learn more at Bury.”