Play-off fever boosts ticket sales at Ipswich Town
Almost 12,500 tickets have already been sold for Ipswich Town’s play-off semi-final first leg against Norwich City.
An estimated 12,200 have been sold so far, two-thirds of which were bought today.
Season ticket holders have until 8am on Wednesday to buy their tickets for the crunch match against Norwich City before the remaining seats go on general sale.
Many fans followed club advice to buy their tickets online leading to a short period where the website struggled to cope with the demand.
Normal ticket staff were boosted by a dozen volunteers from other areas of the club to help out.
Saturday’s match against the Canaries is the biggest game for the Tractor Boys in ten years, and will be followed up by the second leg the following weekend.
- 1 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 2 Cycle wands being removed from Ipswich roads
- 3 Former BBC DJ to go live with new station
- 4 Things you should know before visiting Spoon World Buffet and Bar
- 5 Gang jailed for 'horrific' torture attack on man in Ipswich home
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 7 Delays likely on major Ipswich road as 12 days of roadworks planned
- 8 Matchday Recap: A replay awaits as Town fail to beat Barrow
- 9 'Dedicated and devoted' - tributes paid to retired teacher Annick Smith
- 10 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking