'There have been so many memories'... Blues mic man Rob steps down after 25 years
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Former Portman Road announcer Rob Chandler will be sitting in the stands next season, rather than keeping the Town faithful informed over the PA.
Chandler, who has been the voice of Portman Road since 1996, sat out last season and has this season decided to get a couple of season tickets instead - relaxing more and looking forward to Town games.
"It's been great fun," he said.
"There have been so many memories, play-off failure, play-off success, the Premiership, the Mick McCarthy era.
"As much as the football memories there have been, it's the laughs and fun I have had with the crowd. Some of the annoucements over the years have been great.
"Part of me wonders if I'm doing the right thing. It's the start of a new time at Town, new owners and all that. Maybe I'll regret it if, as we all hope, it's promotion after promotion.
"But no, for now I'm going to enjoy it. Enjoy a drink and meal before the game, not having to get to the club too early."
- 1 Suffolk M&S stores to stay open as Colchester shop closes down
- 2 Cannabis dealer jailed after being caught with drugs in Range Rover
- 3 Teenage boys arrested after police seize suspected class A drugs in Ipswich
- 4 Man who attacked partner after she travelled 10 hours to see him is jailed
- 5 Neighbours raised alarm after man not seen for several days
- 6 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 7 Revealed: The top serious crash hotspots in Ipswich
- 8 Mercedes and Vauxhall flip over after crash in busy Ipswich road
- 9 Planning application for new Taco Bell in Ipswich expected 'imminently'
- 10 Man caught in undercover police sting trying to meet '13-year-old girl'
So, where will he be sitting?
"Top of the Sir Bobby Stand, with my other half and brother, who I also go to speedway with."