Matchday Recap: Town lack attacking threat again in Spotland stalemate
- Credit: Pagepix Ltd
Ipswich Town drew 0-0 with Rochdale at Spotland this afternoon.
Paul Cook's side will be looking to back up Friday's 2-1 success over Bristol Rovers when they take on the league's bottom side this afternoon.
Dale have won just one of their 18 home league games so far this season and have conceded 69 goals, the most in the third tier.
"We have to believe,” captain Luke Chambers said ahead of the game. “I believe. I believe in the squad, you can’t start the seasons as we have for the last two years and then all of a sudden be crap. It just can’t happen.
“It’s a psychological thing which has maybe built up over a period of time that we have to get rid of quickly.
“And I think the gaffer’s trying to knock that down for us as players and, yes, I believe totally. I believe in all those players, I always have done.
“I’ll back them to the hilt and we just have to handle the pressure and handle having the expectation and just keep our heads down and try and take each game as it comes because it’s a nine-game season now.”
- 1 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 2 Man in hospital with head injury after late night assault
- 3 Stunning home worth nearly £1m nears completion at Felixstowe Ferry
- 4 Plans to build bungalow in pub garden refused after number of objections
- 5 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 6 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 7 Suffolk police officers make television debut in Fast Justice programme
- 8 Pubs praised after first weekend opening post lockdown
- 9 Saturday drinkers queue for post-lockdown pints
- 10 'A bridge too far' - Crane Sports boss Radnor speaks out as club pull out of League
You can follow the game live with us right here.