Bradley signs new Luton deal to end Town's hopes of signing big defender
- Credit: PA
Sonny Bradley has penned a new contract with Luton Town, ending Ipswich Town’s hopes of signing the Hatters skipper.
The 29-year-old is understood to have been a top target for the Blues this summer, with a contract offered and Paul Cook’s men leading the chase for his signature and confident a deal could be done, but the big defender has now committed his future to the Championship side.
“I’m really happy to have signed again,” Bradley said, after putting pen-to-paper.
“I said recently that I can’t wait to walk out at Kenilworth Road in front of fans again, because we all know that roof is going to come off.
“We’ve come so far together and I feel that there is some unfinished business after what we’ve all been through over this past year and a bit. It’s going to be a real emotional day when that happens.
“I’ve been privileged to captain the club during such a successful period and I’m excited about what the future holds now we’ve established ourselves in the Championship.”
You may also want to watch:
The Blues will now turn attentions elsewhere, with players with Championship experience, in the mould of Bradley, understood to be on the agenda as Paul Cook bids to rebuild his squad this summer.
- 1 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 2 Ipswich bar forced to close early after staff attacked
- 3 New restaurant set to open at former Little Waitrose store this year
- 4 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 5 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 6 A12 closed near Ipswich following serious collision
- 7 Man in his 80s seriously injured after crash near Copdock
- 8 Celebrations as Starbucks opens its new Ipswich drive-thru
- 9 60 sausage dogs enjoy picnic in Ipswich's Christchurch Park
- 10 Woman injured after being struck by van near Morrisons in Ipswich