Dobra's the man on the spot for Dyer's Blues, as Nydam returns to action
- Credit: Archant
Exiled Town duo, Kayden Jackson and Jon Nolan played for Ipswich U23s this afternoon, as an Armando Dobra penalty helped Kieron Dyer's side to a 1-1 draw with QPR U23s, at Playford Road.
The result saw the Blues close in on leaders Bristol City, in the Professional Development League, South section.
As well as Jackson and Nolan's presence, the game also saw the welcome return of 21-year-old Tristan Nydam.
The midfielder broke his ankle and suffered ligament damage during a pre-season friendly at Notts County 18 months ago. It has been a long road back. He played for just over 50 minutes, before being replaced by Ross Crane.
The visitors had a goal disallowed through Martell Taylor-Crossdale in the first half, but it remained goalless at the break.
Town took the lead on 67 minutes after Dobra won, and then converted, a penalty. However, it didn't last long Taylor-Crossdale equalising direct from a free-kick.
Town: Wright, Crowe, Baggott, Smith, Nydam, Alexander, Dobra, Nolan, Lankester, Jackson, Siziba. Subs: Burwood, Z. Brown, Simpson, K. Brown, Crane.
- 1 Town’s old electricity building has ‘proud’ new owner
- 2 Air ambulance lands in Ipswich park to assist with medical emergency
- 3 First lockdown restrictions lifted today - what can you do now?
- 4 'Essex Boys' killer released from prison to live in Suffolk
- 5 Car flips onto roof on A14 near Ipswich in early hours of morning
- 6 Concern over missing Suffolk teenager
- 7 Plans unveiled for permanent traffic ban on Ipswich Waterfront
- 8 Suffolk solicitor says new evidence fuels Ipswich Town takeover rumours
- 9 Memories of darts matches and marathons around Suffolk
- 10 Convicted killer of Tavis Spencer-Aitkens posts birthday photo to Instagram