Dobra back in a Town shirt but Ipswich U23s tamed by Tigers
- Credit: Pagepix Ltd
Ipswich Town U23s 0 Hull U23s 1
Ipswich Town's U23s were beaten by Hull's youngsters at Portman Road today, Tremaine Eastmond's early goal proving enough for the East Yorkshire side.
Armando Dobra was a surprise addition to the Ipswich Town team sheet, albeit on the bench, the 20-year-old Albanian U21 international is on a season-long loan at Colchester United. But he was back with his parent club this afternoon.
Ipswich's Harry Barbrook had an chance at the back post but Hull managed to get a body in the way and eventually clear the danger.
However, on 14 minutes the Tigers took the lead through Eastmond. Town were soon back on the attack despite the setback, Tyreece Simpson and Albie Armin having efforts go close.
Armin was booked, before Will Jarvis broke through for Hull but Nick Hayes and Elkan Baggott were back to close him down on the half-hour.
Hull were ahead at the break and Elkan Baggott's header early in the second half was gathered by Hull goalkeeper Harry Fisk, before Barbrook reached for a deep cross but his effort clipped the crossbar.
- 1 Fuel protests: Twelve miles of queues reported on A12
- 2 Man in 40s stabbed at town centre multi-storey car park
- 3 Tent, kitchen units and bedding dumped in 'unsightly' fly-tipping
- 4 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk neighbourhoods with highest Covid rates
- 5 15 of the best photos from Ipswich Music Day 2022
- 6 Jailed in June: The Suffolk criminals locked up last month
- 7 Ipswich man, 27, arrested after stabbing in Bury St Edmunds car park
- 8 Man order to sign sex offenders' registers for possessing indecent images
- 9 Keys secured as 'Goliath' £1.2m needed to restore burned down church
- 10 Ellie makes impressive prom entrance - in a truck
Dobra came on with 10 minutes left.
Time was running out for Town as Hull picked up late yellow cards with the Blues pushing for an equaliser, which never came.
Town: Hayes, Stewart, Baggott (C), Armin, Agbaje, El Mizouni, Humphreys, H. Barbrook, Chirewa, Hughes, Simpson. Subs: Bort, Kabongolo, Alexander, Ward, Dobra.