Tyrone Mings and Luke Hyam back for Ipswich Town’s home game with Charlton Athletic
- Credit: Archant
Mick McCarthy has a fully-fit squad to choose from for tomorrow night’s home game with Charlton Athletic in the Championship.
Highly-rated left-back Tyrone Mings (infected toe) is back in contention and could replace Jonathan Parr, while Luke Hyam is available for selection after recovering from an Achilles problem.
“Tyrone is fit, they’re all fit, Luke Hyam as well. They all trained today which is great,” said McCarthy, who confirmed defender Sean St Ledger had left the club.
“Luke has been out for a month since the Charlton but he’s a fit guy.
“It’s took him a while that Achilles, it’s been a real niggly one, but it’s good to have him back.”
You may also want to watch:
McCarthy, whose side could go ten points clear of seventh place with victory against the Addicks, admitted it may be difficult for Hyam and Mings to get back in the team.
McCarthy said: “It’s difficult to get into the team, isn’t it?
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 3 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 4 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 5 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 6 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 7 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 8 Man caused £26k worth of damage after setting fire to van and car
- 9 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 10 'It's like we're in the stone age' - Homophobic abuse halts LGBT+ parties
“We have got Dean Gerken sat on the sidelines who has been outstanding for us but he knows he can’t get back in because Bart’s (Bartosz Bialkowski) been equally outstanding having got into the team. That’s a good problem to have.
“No-one walks back into the side.”