Walters relishing trip to the seaside
JONATHAN Walters says that he loves playing at Bloomfield Road, Blackpool - and that he normally does well there.And a goal or two from the man who signed an extended Ipswich Town contract last weekend could be just what the Blues need to break their away-day Coca-Cola Championship hoodoo.
JONATHAN Walters says that he loves playing at Bloomfield Road, Blackpool - and that he normally does well there.
And a goal or two from the man who signed an extended Ipswich Town contract last weekend could be just what the Blues need to break their away-day Coca-Cola Championship hoodoo.
“I have always enjoyed my games at Bloomfield Road,” said Birkenhead-born Walters.
“And I have always done well there in reserve games or whatever.
“I am looking forward to going back there, and fingers crossed it will prove to be my lucky ground again.”
Walters, who could play up front alongside Alan Lee or Pablo Counago, but is more likely to stay as a wide midfielder will be meeting up again with Blackpool boss Simon Grayson.
- 1 Pub with 'gorgeous views' named one of UK's best waterside drinking spots
- 2 Application submitted for new store in Ipswich
- 3 'My darling boy' - Mum's tribute to six-month-old baby who died after crash
- 4 Ipswich man who abandoned Land Rover on train tracks convicted
- 5 Ipswich man and Cadillac films with The Only Way Is Essex
- 6 Six arrested following two incidents involving knives in Ipswich
- 7 60 year old family business enters third generation
- 8 Go-ahead for business park project that could create 350 jobs in Ipswich
- 9 Matchday Recap: How Town's 1-0 win at Burton unfolded
- 10 Drug dealers jailed after police seize cocaine from van and home
“I was at Blackburn when Simon Grayson was a coach there - so I know him well,” added Walters.
“We know we need to improve our away form - starting at Blackpool.
“It is obvious what is at stake and we don't want to throw away our great position.
“We have a wonderful opportunity to go on and make a serious promotion challenge.”
Danny Haynes was in superb form in the last two home games and if he retains the same confidence levels he will be a handful for the Blackpool defence.
IPSWICH Town's Under-18 and Under-16 games at Chelsea tomorrow have been postponed by the Premier League club.