Walters relishing trip to the seaside
JONATHAN Walters says that he loves playing at Bloomfield Road, Blackpool - and that he normally does well there.And a goal or two from the man who signed an extended Ipswich Town contract last weekend could be just what the Blues need to break their away-day Coca-Cola Championship hoodoo.
JONATHAN Walters says that he loves playing at Bloomfield Road, Blackpool - and that he normally does well there.
And a goal or two from the man who signed an extended Ipswich Town contract last weekend could be just what the Blues need to break their away-day Coca-Cola Championship hoodoo.
“I have always enjoyed my games at Bloomfield Road,” said Birkenhead-born Walters.
“And I have always done well there in reserve games or whatever.
You may also want to watch:
“I am looking forward to going back there, and fingers crossed it will prove to be my lucky ground again.”
Walters, who could play up front alongside Alan Lee or Pablo Counago, but is more likely to stay as a wide midfielder will be meeting up again with Blackpool boss Simon Grayson.
- 1 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 2 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 3 Royal Mail confirms removal of Ipswich postbox
- 4 Suffolk man waits 12 hours for ambulance after suffering stroke
- 5 Felixstowe woman accused of setting fire to caravan and drink driving
- 6 Ipswich reports England's highest rise in Covid infection rate
- 7 Arrest warrants issued for men facing sheep charges
- 8 Budding musician caught with drugs in buttocks is spared prison
- 9 Major delays tail back on to A12 after crash
- 10 Anger as 'three to four large skips' of fly-tipped rubbish blocks road
“I was at Blackburn when Simon Grayson was a coach there - so I know him well,” added Walters.
“We know we need to improve our away form - starting at Blackpool.
“It is obvious what is at stake and we don't want to throw away our great position.
“We have a wonderful opportunity to go on and make a serious promotion challenge.”
Danny Haynes was in superb form in the last two home games and if he retains the same confidence levels he will be a handful for the Blackpool defence.
IPSWICH Town's Under-18 and Under-16 games at Chelsea tomorrow have been postponed by the Premier League club.