Watch archive video footage from this day in 1992 when Liverpool beat Ipswich Town 3-2 in their FA Cup fifth round replay at Anfield
On February 26, 1992 Ipswich Town pushed Liverpool all the way in their FA Cup fifth round replay at Anfield, before losing 3-2 after extra-time.
Following a wind-interrupted first leg which ended 0-0 at Portman Road the Ipswich side, which went on to win the Second Division title later in 1991-92, fell behind to Ray Houghton’s goal but Gavin Johnson levelled to take the game to extra-time.
Jason Dozzell gave the Blues the lead in the extra period, infuriating Liverpool keeper Bruce Grobbelaar who was calling for offside, as the shock looked on.
However, Jan Molby and then youngster Steve McManaman found the net for the First Division giants as the plucky Blues excited the competition.
Liverpool: Grobbelaar, Jones, Nicol, Wright, Harkness; Houghton, Marsh, Molby, Walters; Saunders, McManaman.
Subs: Rosenthal, Kozma.
Ipswich Town: Forrest, Johnson, Thompson, Stockwell, Wark, Linighan, Milton, Palmer, Whitton, Dozzell, Kiwomya.
- 1 Teenager sexually assaulted and then robbed in Ipswich
- 2 Travellers pitch up in one of Ipswich's busiest parks
- 3 Police cordon in place outside former Grimwades store in Ipswich
- 4 GALLERY: Photos show devastating aftermath of huge fire near Ipswich
- 5 Teenager’s 10 year sentence is warning over ‘horrendous’ acid attacks
- 6 Open air theatre coming to Ipswich park later this month
- 7 One of the world's largest container ships arrives at Port of Felixstowe
- 8 'He'd be dead' - mum's terror after wave drags her and baby down beach
- 9 Two knives found in Ipswich park after six teenagers arrested
- 10 Mobile phone and laptop stolen in spate of thefts from cars near Ipswich
Subs: Goddard, Zondervan.