Young Guns set to miss out for Town
TAKING Ipswich Town into the Premier League will not be a job for the boys.Blues boss Jim Magilton will be banking on experience in the final 13 matches of the Coca-Cola Championship season.
TAKING Ipswich Town into the Premier League will not be a job for the boys.
Blues boss Jim Magilton will be banking on experience in the final 13 matches of the Coca-Cola Championship season.
The only products of the famed Ipswich Town academy likely to feature are tearaway wide-player Danny Haynes and cultured midfielder Owen Garvan.
You may also want to watch:
The rest of Magilton's squad will be proven players - most of them ones that he has brought to Portman Road during his 20-month reign.
Academy players will have their turn in the seasons ahead, but it looks like only a few have guaranteed futures at Portman Road
- 1 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 2 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 3 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 4 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 5 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Watchdog upholds mother's complaint about handling of son's special education needs
- 8 60-acre logistic park off A14 approved
- 9 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again
- 10 Man admits exposing himself to women in park near Felixstowe
See full story in tonight's Evening Star.