Ipswich Witches complete their 2021 Premiership line-up
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Witches have completed their 2021 Premiership line-up.
After announcing six riders two weeks ago, the Witches have named Great Blakenham-based Drew Kemp as their final rider - the team's 'rising star' programme pick.
Kemp, 18, was set to make his full season debut for the Witches last season, but with 2020 wiped out, he will begin that debut season in May - the Witches set to start their season on Monday, May 3, with a home clash with Peterborough.
Kemp will be a popular choice.
He rode quite a lot last season, bearing in mind there was little speedway. And he continues to improve, as he showed in the British Final at Belle Vue, last year where he impressed.
He also retained his British U19 title last season.
Kemp concludes the Witches line-up, which now reads: Jason Crump, Nicolai Klindt, Danny King, Cameron Heeps, Jordan Stewart, Anders Rowe and Drew Kemp.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 New cocktail bar and tapas restaurant to open in Ipswich
- 4 CCTV issued after thieves steal almost £900 in toys and food from B&M
- 5 Thieves use bank cards after stealing rucksack from Ipswich doorstep
- 6 Ipswich paedophile jailed for downloading indecent images of boys
- 7 Car ends up on side after crash involving parked car
- 8 Man who spat at neighbour in racist attack given community order
- 9 Meet the Ipswich 18-year-old who is now one of UK's youngest politicians
- 10 Drink-driver reversed into car while banned from the road
The new 'rising star' programme introduced this winter provides a clear pathway for young British riders and means that one rider in each Premiership team this season must be from the ‘rising star’ scheme with this increasing to two riders in each team from 2022.
The riders involved in the scheme are given a 1 to 4 star rating based on the criteria before progressing to Pro Star status.