Jason eyes seventh heaven
IPSWICH defender Jason De Vos is determined the play-off curse won't return to haunt the Blues.And the ex-Wigan star today insisted he had no regrets - despite seeing his former club deny Town an immediate route into the Premiership.
IPSWICH defender Jason De Vos is determined the play-off curse won't return to haunt the Blues.
And the ex-Wigan star today insisted he had no regrets - despite seeing his former club deny Town an immediate route into the Premiership.
Wigan's 3-1 win over Reading secured the Championship runners-up spot and ensured Ipswich lost any hope of automatic promotion.
Town's 1-1 draw at Brighton was rendered academic as they finished in third spot and were condemned to a two-legged clash with West Ham - a repeat of their play-off tie with the Hammers 12 months ago.
It will be Town's seventh appearance in the play-offs and they have been successful just once before.
See tonight's Evening Star for full story
- 1 Cycle wands being removed from Ipswich roads
- 2 Things you should know before visiting Spoon World Buffet and Bar
- 3 Gang jailed for 'horrific' torture attack on man in Ipswich home
- 4 'Dedicated and devoted' - tributes paid to retired teacher Annick Smith
- 5 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 6 Matchday Recap: A replay awaits as Town fail to beat Barrow
- 7 Former BBC DJ to go live with new station
- 8 Delays likely on major Ipswich road as 12 days of roadworks planned
- 9 Suffolk headteacher criticises school rankings
- 10 Ipswich School named among the best in the region