Jeffers deal done
FRANCIS Jeffers will make his Sheffield Wednesday debut against Ipswich Town on Saturday after agreeing a three-year-deal at Hillsborough.The 26-year-old striker has agreed terms of around £10,000 a week to play for the Owls after a £700,000 move from Blackburn Rovers.
By Derek Davis
FRANCIS Jeffers will make his Sheffield Wednesday debut against Ipswich Town on Saturday after agreeing a three-year-deal at Hillsborough.
The 26-year-old striker has agreed terms of around £10,000 a week to play for the Owls after a £700,000 move from Blackburn Rovers.
Jeffers turned down a move to Portman Road last month, despite being offered more than he was being paid at Ewood Park.
You may also want to watch:
The former Everton and Arsenal striker had told Ipswich Town he did not want to sign for another Championship club after the Blues revitalised his career during loan spell when he scored four goals in nine games, with a hamstring injury in the middle.
But after failing to accept personal terms with Town he held unsuccessful talks at Leicester City and Cardiff City, before settling on the Owls two days before the season starts.
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 3 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 4 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 5 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 6 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 7 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 8 Man caused £26k worth of damage after setting fire to van and car
- 9 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 10 'It's like we're in the stone age' - Homophobic abuse halts LGBT+ parties